MIT Enterprise Forum: Get Smart on Term Sheets
- 1.16.2014 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
60 State Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02109
form the of your capital-raising transaction and relationship with any investor, from to VC. At some point, every entrepreneur and start-up founder is faced with navigating a . Understanding the best strategies for raising funds and knowing the right questions to when negotiating terms can be critical to your company's success. Join WilmerHale Emerging Company Partner Ed Pease and Associate Avery Reaves for a quick-hitting overview on and other tips for raising a seed financing round. This program covers Convertible Note and Series Seed/A in plain English and pointers on what is and is not negotiable.
Topics of discussion will include:
- parties to an early-stage financing transaction, their roles and objectives;
- the practical effects of pre- and post-money valuation and
- Point-by-point review of the material terms of a financing
- Preparing for a negotiation, What to negotiate vs. less negotiable/non-negotiable terms
Who Should Attend: CEO’s, CFO’s, founders, and others involved in starting or running an early-stage growth business.