WilmerHale QuickLaunch University: Successfully Launching Your Startup
- 10.21.2014 | -
60 State Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02109
Entrepreneurs are faced with many challenges during the initial stages of building a new business. WilmerHale's Emerging Company Practice hosted an afternoon seminar of practical and business-focused presentations from advisors on the most critical issues facing early-stage companies. The educational sessions concluded with a presentation by a panel of venture capitalists who shared best practices for setting companies up for fundraising success.
- Welcoming Remarks
Ed Pease, Partner, WilmerHale
- Hiring, Firing and Compensation for : Key Employment Issues
Laura Schneider, Partner, WilmerHale
- Protecting Your Company's IP Assets
Peter Dichiara, Partner, WilmerHale
- Tips for Managing Risk on Your Way to Success: A Litigator's Perspective
John Butts, Partner, and Elizabeth Kent Cullen, Counsel, WilmerHale
Jeff Johnson, Partner, WilmerHale
- Lessons Learned from an Entrepreneur's Journey
Sep Kamvar, Entrepreneur, MIT Media Lab
- VC Panel: Positioning Your Company for a Successful Fundraising Round
WilmerHale Partner David Gammell served as moderator, and Spark Capital Associate Katie Bolin, .406 Ventures Partner Graham Brooks, and Atlas Ventures Partner Jeff Fagnan were panelists.
The event concluded with a networking reception.