2016 HLEP Conference: Entrepreneurship, Investment and the Greater Good
- 4.9.2016 - 4.10.2016
- Harvard Law School Langdell Library 1563 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138
HLEP's annual conference provides a unique opportunity for hands-on problem solving of legal and business questions facing startup companies. It brings together students, attorneys and entrepreneurs to tackle these issues in a team-based learning experience. This year's conference combines an exploration of entrepreneurship with social justice goals by incorporating the findings of students involved in this year's Incubate Workshop, which consists of student teams that will offer solutions to improve the operations and outreach of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau. As an attendee, you will:
- make contacts by working in small groups with attorneys;
- learn about startup issues by working through hypothetical problems, including IP issues, structuring equity and negotiating exits; and
- explore a range of career options by interacting and networking with lawyers who have experience working with emerging companies and entrepreneurs.
Participating advisors and guest speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker: Joshua Fox - Partner at WilmerHale
- Robert Blasi - of Danielson Legal LLC
- Michael Bookman - Associate at Latham & Watkins
- Linda Cole - General Counsel at iZotope, Inc.
- Jennifer Fang - Associate at Goodwin Procter
- Jessica Milner - Associate at Covington
- Sacha Ross - Partner at Wilson Sonsini
- Stephanie Singer - Associate at WilmerHale