MassBio Forum—Doing Business With China: Changing Regulatory Reforms and BD Opportunities in China
- 11.13.2018 | 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
300 Technology Square, 8th Floor
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
China is a torrid topic in today’s environment for emerging growth life science companies. With large markets and health care opportunities abounding both in China and in the United States, and with opportunities for MA-based life sciences companies to extend their own trajectories, understanding the landscape, horizons and nuances of the Chinese marketplace as well as predilections of Chinese investors and strategic partners, is critically important. This forum will present an overview of the rapidly changing regulatory and market landscape in China. Key topics include:
- Overview of the landscape today and future outlook
- Emergence of innovative Chinese pharmaceutical companies
- Leveraging China to accelerate clinical development path
- Protection of IP in China: Legal concerns and practical solutions
- Impact of regulations on currency, taxes, material import/export, etc.
- Departures from the norm: Joint ventures, strategic partnerships and global licensing
WilmerHale Partner Kenneth Zhou will be a speaker on this panel along with Kate Haviland, CBO of Blueprint Medicines, and Wei Zhao, VP of 6 Dimensions (formerly Wuxi Ventures). Helen Ho, Vice President and Head of Corporate Development at Blueprint Medicines will moderate.