TechGC CLE Webinar: Venture Financing Term Sheet Review Workshop
- 10.15.2019 | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Term Sheets form the basis of your capital-raising transaction and relationship with any investor. Understanding the impact that the terms set forth in the term sheet will have on the company after the financing, both with respect to economics and operational control, is pivotal as it often becomes increasingly difficult for a company to renegotiate something that it agreed to in a term sheet.
To effectively navigate the fundraising process, GCs should know the right questions to ask when negotiating terms as it relates to investor protections and the company’s short- and long-term success. This program will cover discussion on:
- The material terms of a financing term sheet, including control and financial provisions;
- The practical effects of pre- and post-money valuation and dilution;
- binding v. non-binding provisions; and
- preparing for a negotiation, what to negotiate v. less negotiable/non-negotiable terms.
WilmerHale Partner Gary Schall will be a featured speaker.