Get Smart on Legal Landmines: What To Know When Starting Your Startup
- 11.15.2017 | 1:00 AM - 3:00 AM
- WilmerHale 60 State Street Boston, MA 02109
Learn how to avoid the most common costly mistakes when starting your company from WilmerHale Partner Gary Schall at this MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge Get Smart workshop from 6–8 p.m. ET.
Early missteps can cost you big later, making it more challenging or even impossible to build a successful business. This class will give you the basic knowledge you will need to help avoid costly legal landmines. Having worked with hundreds of entrepreneurs and startups, our legal advisors from WilmerHale will cover topics such as:
- Avoiding personal liability
- Legal entity: choosing the best type for your business
- Founders’ equity
- Employee compensation and options
- Raising Capital: do’s and don’ts
Don’t make your startup journey any harder than it has to be—learn the legal basics and save yourself headaches, money and wasted effort down the line.