QuickLaunch University Webinar: Hiring Your First Employees and Advisors and Letting Them Go When Necessary
- 7.20.2017 | 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Join us for our QuickLaunch University Webinar Series: Legal Issues for Startups. Attorneys from WilmerHale's Emerging Company and Venture Capital Practice will explore the most critical issues facing entrepreneurs and early-stage companies.
Beyond finding the right people to help your startup grow and thrive, there are many legal considerations related to bringing new talent on-board and parting ways with employees. In this session, join Partners Joshua Fox and Laura Schneider and Counsel Ariella Feingold from 1–2 p.m. ET for an overview of common employment law issues and what you can do now to minimize the risk of expensive legal headaches down the road.
Speakers will discuss:
- documenting terms of employment and best practices for employment agreements;best practices for terminating employees;
- option pools and types of equity incentives;
- misclassification issues (employee versus independent contractor); and
- wage payment laws and other compensation considerations for employees, consultants, advisors and interns.
*CLE credit is not available for those who watch webinar recordings.