The Future for IoT: A Conversation with Former White House Senior Advisor
- 1.27.2017 | 12:30 AM - 2:30 AM
- Sennheiser 134 Prince Street New York, NY 10012
The Internet of Things has been called the next Industrial Revolution—it will impact the way all businesses, governments, and consumers interact with the physical world. In the next five years, 20 billion devices are expected to be connected to the Internet of Things, revolutionizing business models and marketing strategies and impacting businesses globally. The challenge for governments is ensuring data is clean and there is a common standard for processing it.
Join AlleyWatch for a live recording of the Fashion Is Your Business podcast, where they will chat with Vikrum Aiyer, Chief of Staff to the US Patent & Trademark Office (Obama Administration) and former White House Senior Advisor for Innovation & Manufacturing Policy.
AlleyWatch will seek answers to questions such as:
- How should companies approach new product development in the IoT space?
- How will intellectual property regulation and trade policy effect IoT?
- What are the limits to data capture as it relates to privacy in a more intelligent world?
- How might IoT companies be impacted by recent security failures in IoT?
- What is missing in the IoT landscape that is on the radar of the Department of Commerce?