Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know Now, Not Later
- 6.10.2015 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Pace University 163 William Street 3rd Floor Conference Room New York, NY 10038
This event will showcase speakers who will address:
- how trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ.
- why it is important for any new business to select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark.
- the importance of doing a complete search and whether an attorney should be used.
- what may happen if another trademark owner believes it has stronger rights in a mark and issues a "cease-and-desist" letter.
- information on what the USPTO does in the federal registration process and how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO.