WilmerHale Life Sciences Webinar: Building Effective 10b5-1 Trading Plans
- 9.18.2014 | 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Regulators and prosecutors have become increasingly suspicious of corporate insiders who could be abusing 10b5-1 plans when trading their own company stock. Life sciences companies may face particular challenges given stock volatility and clinical trial developments. Given this landscape, life sciences companies should strongly consider adopting a 10b5-1 plan to help protect their executives from allegations of insider trading, and companies that already have 10b5-1 plans should deploy safeguards and strategies to more effectively demonstrate compliance.
In this webinar, WilmerHale partners will discuss 10b5-1 plans and their value to public life sciences companies. Topics include:
- how Rule 10b5-1 works;
- whether or not companies should allow use of 10b5-1 plans;
- whether or not companies should require use of 10b5-1 plans;
- best practices for establishing a 10b5-1 plan; and
- whether or not companies should mandate adherence to best practices.
- During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to contribute questions online and interact with the panelists.
California and non-transitional New York CLE credit will be offered to those that participate in the live webinar.