MIT Enterprise Forum: Tactical Workshop on Term Sheets
- 12.3.2019 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
60 State Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02109
form the of your capital-raising transaction and relationship with any investor, from to VC. At some point, every entrepreneur and founder is faced with navigating a . Understanding the best strategies for raising funds and knowing the right questions to when negotiating terms can be critical to your company's success. Join WilmerHale Emerging Company and Venture Capital Practice Co-Chair and Partner Gary Schall and Senior Associate Avery Reaves for a quick-hitting overview on and other tips for raising a seed financing round. This program covers convertible note and Series Seed/A in plain English and pointers on what is and is not negotiable.
Topics of discussion will include:
- parties to an early-stage financing transaction, their roles and objectives;
- the practical effects of pre- and post-money valuation and ;
- point-by-point review of the material terms of a financing ; and
- preparing for a negotiation, what to negotiate vs. less negotiable/non-negotiable terms.