2022 IPO, Venture Capital and M&A Reports
WilmerHale’s annual IPO, Venture Capital and M&A reports provide insights into market conditions, as well as comprehensive statistics and analysis that are hard to find elsewhere.
The 2022 IPO Report a detailed IPO market review and outlook, including regional breakdowns, plus useful market metrics and articles on topics of interest for pre-IPO companies, including the following:
- The expanding list of board composition rules and considerations that companies must navigate when , emanating from securities regulators, , advisory firms, , state legislatures and others, in support of efforts to increase board diversity.
- The COVID-19 pandemic’s transformation of the IPO process.
- Crafting effective risk factors in the IPO .
- Tips for conducting effective drafting sessions.
- How in the IPO process can enhance disclosure and help protect against liability.
- Why the lead-up to an IPO is a good time to focus on estate planning.
- Things to consider before including “flash results” in your IPO .
- Lockup basics and recent trends.
- What it means to be treated as a company “officer” under various definitions.
- The principal disclosures directors, officers and must make in an IPO.
The 2022 Venture Capital Report an in-depth US venture capital market analysis and outlook, including industry and regional breakdowns, and insights on the following topics:
- Steps can take from the outset to pave the way to an IPO or company sale.
- Simple ways to shore up your company’s IP without breaking the bank.
- The ways in which an increasingly remote workforce is re-mapping the state tax compliance landscape.
- Immigration basics for thinking of hiring skilled workers from overseas.
- Deal term trends in VC-backed company M&A transactions and convertible note, SAFE and venture capital financings.
The 2022 M&A Report provides a global M&A market review and outlook, as well as insights on the following topics:
- Takeover defenses for public companies.
- The rise of SPAC mergers and direct listings as new paths on the multi-track road to and public ownership.
- The SPAC phenomenon and recent headwinds that have slowed its wild ride.
- Anti-corruption issues companies should address in the M&A context.
- A comparison of public and private company M&A deal terms.
- Deal term trends in VC-backed company acquisitions.
The relevant reports also showcase prominent recent capital markets, venture capital and M&A transactions.